Curbside & Locker Pickup
Our Curbside Pickup service provides a quick and easy way for you to get library materials. When your reserved items are ready, you will be notified by phone, email or text notification.
Drive to the Library and park in one of our designated curbside pickup spaces on the north side of the building. Please follow the posted instructions to let us know that you’re here. We will place your items in your car.
Hours for Curbside Pickup:
Monday – Saturday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Curbside Pickup will be unavailable in the event of the following weather conditions observable in Plainfield:
- Blizzard warning, wind chill warning and winter storm warning
- Wind chill below 10 degrees
- Hazardous work conditions
Grab & Go Lockers
The Library’s Grab & Go Lockers are located outside at Plainfield East High School, 12001 Naperville Road and located outside of the library on Illinois Street, give the community 24/7, contactless access to requested library materials.
Follow the steps below or watch this quick tutorial video to learn how to use the Grab & Go Lockers.
- Place a hold: Log in to Your Account to place holds on the items you would like to borrow. Make sure you select ‘Plainfield East HS Lockers’ or ‘Plainfield Lockers – Illinois Street’ as the pickup location. Please note: GoGo Gadgets and InterLibrary Loans will not be available for pickup at the Lockers.
- Wait to hear from us: When your items are available, you will be notified by phone, email or text notification. You have 5 days to pick up your items.
- Visit the lockers anytime: Visit the lockers whenever it fits your schedule – your items are kept in our secure lockers for five days. Plainfield East HS Pickup lockers are located at the outside entrance P of Plainfield East High School and Illinois Street Lockers Pickup lockers are located at the front of the library and to the left of the book drop. Bring your library card (or know your number) and follow the prompts on the screen to retrieve your items. You may also return items in the locker return bin at the Plainfield East HS Lockers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Holds will remain in the lockers for 5 days.
You will need you library card number. You can scan the physical card or enter the number from memory.
Yes, there is a return bin available at the Plainfield East HS location.
No, GoGo Gadgets and InterLibrary Loan materials will not be held at the lockers. Please also do not return GoGo Gadgets at the lockers.
Materials will be delivered once a day Monday - Saturday. Materials can be picked up 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The lockers are outside Entrance P on the northeast side of the building. Best to enter off of 119th Street.
Once you scan your cards and remove the items from the locker the items are automatically checked-out. No need to scan the individual barcodes.