3D Printing at the Library
The Plainfield Area Public Library offers 3D printing services to all patrons.
Our 3D printing service is an introduction to additive manufacturing technology for hobby-level experiences. We will do our best to accommodate your requests, but we cannot guarantee a particular level of precision.
Before you submit your request, please review the following rules:
- Prints cost $.10 a gram.
- You may submit 2 print requests per month. Please allow up to 2 weeks for us to print your requests.
- Files should be .STL or .OBJ files.
- The dimensions of the print bed are 6” (15.5 cm) tall, 10” (25.4 cm) wide, 6.7″ (17 cm) deep so prints must be smaller than that.
- A maximum of 8 hours is allowed for each print job.
- We have different types of filaments in different colors. We cannot guarantee specific types (PLA, ABS, PETG) or colors, so please ask for availability.
- If you need a specific size, please specify.
- We will call or email you when your print is complete. It will be ready for pickup at the Adult Services Desk. Prints must be picked up within 5 days after we notify you.
- The Library is not responsible for failed prints, but we will do our best to ensure their success.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
The Library’s 3D printer may not be used to create weapons or materials that:
- Are prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Are unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or that pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others.
- Are inappropriate for the library environment.
- Violate another person’s property rights. For example, the printer will not be used to reproduce objects or materials that are subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
The Library will not be liable for functional failure of, or injuries or property damage caused by, objects or materials made through the use of our 3D printer. We strongly recommend that the 3D printer not be used to make objects that could prove harmful or that would result in significant costs to the user if they fail.
3D Print Request:
Free and Paid Files
If you have any questions, please contact the Adult Services Desk at 815-327-2515 or by email at email@example.com.