Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Vaccinations
Where to get vaccines and boosters:
- Sam’s Club
- Marianos (Kroger)
- Jewel-Osco / Albertson’s
- You can also visit vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 800.232.0233 to find vaccination clinics near you.
- Some Illinois sites that may not be listed on the federal website can also be found at Illinois.gov, along with an interactive map.
County Health Departments or other providers. Please contact them with your questions.
- Will County Health Department: 815.727.8480
- DuPage County Health Department: 630.682.7400
- Grundy County Health Department: 815.941.3113
- Kendall County Health Department: 630.553.9100
Moonshot: inside Pfizer’s nine-month race to make the impossible possible by Dr. Albert Bourla
The Wuhan Lockdown by Guobin Yang
The Invisible Siege by Dan Werb
Pandemic, Inc by David McSwane
The Helpers by Kathy Gilsinan
Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC) – The main U.S. federal agency monitoring and responding to the novel coronavirus outbreak with frequently updated information for health practitioners, researchers, and the general public.
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens (updated 6/19/22)
- COVID Data Tracker
- How to Protect Yourself & Others
- Omicron Variant: What You Need to Know
National Institutes of Health – A part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services providing updated information and links concerning COVID-19.
World Health Organization (WHO) – The WHO is the leading international health agency helping to coordinate the global response to the coronavirus outbreak. This site offers global news updates, helpful videos, and answers to common questions.
- COVID-19 Advice for the Public: Getting Vaccinated (updated 4/13/22)
- COVID-19 Dashboard (updated daily)
Illinois Department of Public Health – Coronavirus – Coronavirus information specific to Illinois.
- Illinois Department of Public Health coronavirus hotline: 800.889.3931 or email@example.com
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Communicable Diseases: 217.782.2016 (during business hours) and 800.782.7860 (after hours)
Will County Health Department – Coronavirus information specific to Will County. Open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Will County Health Department coronavirus hotline: 815.740.8977
- Will County Health Department: 815.727.8480 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine
Kendall County Community Health – Coronavirus information specific to Kendall County.
Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202 – Information and updated news from District 202.
Information and Resources
Coronavirus Scams: What the FTC is doing: FTC recommendations for avoiding scams surrounding COVID-19
ScienceNews: Published by the nonprofit Society for Science & the Public. This page is dedicated to the coronavirus outbreak.
Time – COVID-19: Curated stories regarding the virus from Time magazine.
Social Media to Follow:
- Will County Health Department: Facebook | Twitter
- Illinois Department of Public Health: Facebook | Twitter
- Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC): Facebook | Twitter
- World Health Organization (WHO: Facebook | Twitter